Brew North recommends Brewer's Friend for easy access to calculators, recipes, articles and more.
A free unlimited duration trial membership is available – give it a try and see how much time it saves in planning and building your brews. Good recording keeping means brew sessions go smoother and the beer turns out better. Your brewing will be more fun, and your beer will turn out better!
Once you appreciate how much Brewer's Friend improves your brewing results, consider signing up for a 1-year, 2-year or lifetime membership for even more (ad free!) features and benefits.
Helps Beginning Brewers Get Started:
- Walks you through the brewing process step by step.
- Know exactly what you brewed, and how you did it.
- See how ingredients factor into OG, FG, ABV, IBU, and SRM – the key stats of every beer recipe.
- Replicate and build on your success.
- Provides a place for detailed notes about your brews.
- Start designing your own recipes and match to style.
- Grows with you as you become more advanced.
Powerful Tools For Advanced Brewers:
- Accommodates a range of brewing processes: Extract, Partial Mash, All Grain, BIAB, No Chill.
- Scale recipe batch sizes up or down.
- Tracks water volume and mash process.
- Select your preferred equations (eg Tinseth, Rager).
- Keeps track of your inventory.
- Calculates 4 types of efficiency, attenuation and ABV.
- Hydrometer correction and calibration.
- Plato scale and kettle batch size / efficiency support.